W-Beam and Tensioned wire rope Safety Barriers
Geotas has provided continuous service to clients in this field for over 20 years, and with the help and professional service that is provided by our Sub-Contractor – OzGuard, we have become the “go to” business for all contractors, large or small, to get the job done.
After commencing operations with one tractor driven post driver, we now have at our disposal 3 tracked Turchi pneumatic post drivers, excavator with auger, vac truck, and numerous support vehicles, and three dedicated crews that can operate across multiple sites. This means that when things get busy through the summer road construction program, we can install significant quantities of barrier on a weekly basis that enables contractors to meet deadlines.
Geotas is an ISO systems accredited business, which means quality control, safety, and environmental controls, are a very important part of how we operate. All projects are managed using various quality control processes, that means we are able to provide Certificates of Conformance where required, for each section of barrier, very soon after completion.
Geotas now use Procore project management software to enable real time interaction with the site teams to assist with on-site safety, pre-starts, site information, and quality management. This can all be immediately shared with the site contractor if required.
Geotas has been selected by Tasmania’s major contractors to complete many of the large and important Highway up-grade projects in recent years, like the Perth By-Pass, and because we don’t let people down, we continue to be the first choice safety barrier contractor.
Geosynthetic Lining Systems
Geotas have serviced the Tasmanian geosynthetic lining market now for over 20 years, and there are not very many dam lining projects completed in Tasmania, where Geotas have not been involved in the installation.
There are several reasons for this:
- Geotas has a long-standing Joint Venture relationship with Michael Sewell of H2O Enviro. Michael is the lining systems expert, with years of experience in the installation of various lining systems. He provides all of the technical equipment, construction quality assurance systems, and qualified labour to our partnership.
- Geotas are Tasmanian based, and our whole business reputation is at stake when we take on a project, which gives our clients the confidence that we will complete projects on time, to specification, and to all stake-holders satisfaction.
- Our personnel are all highly qualified, with years of experience, and training in the installation of the various lining materials, including HDPE, LLDPE, GCL, and bituminous.
- We are able to provide all necessary CQA testing and documentation including tensiometer weld testing, panel layout plans, air pressure testing, vacuum testing, and test logs.
- Our experience includes installation of simple single layer dam liners, up to very complex, multi layer projects like the Copping Category-C waste cell, where we installed 7 layers of different materials simultaneously.
Talk to us about your project, or problem, and we can discuss how we would find a solution.
Geotas have crews available to install pedestrian pipe hand rail type fencing, or pedestrian bridge railing, either surface mount or cemented posts.
Rural, timber rail, paling, stream crossing, and security Fencing
Because most major road projects require road widening, it usually means fencing works, and Geotas has the ability, with our specialist rural and security fencing teams, to complete this type of work. Our teams are familiar with all types of fencing. We understand what is required when it comes to fencing, and we work closely with individual landowners to ensure that what we deliver is exactly what is required, and that all parties are happy before we finish a job.
Rockfall protection systems
Geotas has experience with the installation of all types of rockfall protection systems, and we stand ready to provide assistance with any project.