Geotube De-Watering Containers
Geotas and Geotubes
TenCate Geotube® dewatering tubes, sometimes known as geobags, are used for sludge dewatering projects of all sizes and there is good reason – simplicity and low cost.
There are no belts, gears, or complicated mechanics. TenCate Geotube® containers use an engineered textile that is designed for dewatering of high moisture content sludge and sediment. They are available in many sizes, depending on your volume and space requirements.
TenCate Geotube® systems can even be mounted in mobile roll-off containers that can be transported around your property as necessary. It’s one of the most versatile dewatering technologies available. And one of the most effective.
Standard tube sizes are available but they can be manufactured to suit project requirements.
TenCate Geotube® dewatering containers are supplied to site and placed into position. Sludge which is treated with specialist polymers is then pumped into the containers and the clear effluent water is then drained leaving the solid remains within the container. When full the containers can be disposed at a landfill or the solids removed and land-applied.
This simple but effective process makes TenCate Geotube® dewatering containers ideal for the pulp and paper industries for primary and secondary lagoon cleanout and for mining processes to remove or permanently store tailings, coal sludge and other minerals. TenCate Geotube® dewatering containers have also been used for water and wastewater treatment dewatering to provide a reduction of up to 85% to 90% in BOD and in agriculture to efficiently manage waste in the dairy, poultry and other agricultural industries.
Geotubes installed at MMG Rosebery
- Municipal wastewater treatment plants
- Marine remediation
- Mining & mineral processing
- Power & utility
- Pulp & paper
- Light industrial
- Agriculture including the dairy industry, piggeries and abattoirs
Geotas keep in stock some smaller units , including a “bulker bag” size unit, and a smaller Geotube at 7.6 metres x 4.4 metres wide.
Larger units would be ordered to meet specific project requirements.
- High flow rate allows residual materials to dewater, whilst containing solids
- Custom fabricated with seaming techniques that withstand pressure during pumping operations
- TenCate pioneered the dewatering technology, spending years perfecting the technology and patenting circumferential seaming (which provides excellent strength for very large tubes under high pumping pressure)
- Supported by design advice and guidance on polymer use for your sludge
- Thousands of dewatering projects around the world have used Geotube units